Saturday, December 21, 2013

this is going to be interesting

Got a call on Friday.

My service provider on the line, far far away.
My service provider team (yes, I am a project manager) in the far away place calls to tell me that the CTO of the company I work for had visited them on the before.

Apparently, they have been singing my praises in front of the CTO. Apparently, they were so pleased with my managerial style, they had to tell him and subsequently me.

My projects always have consisted of getting the job done. I am very much aware of the customer - service provider trenches. To me that means:

- get real every minute
- treat absolutely everybody in the team as if they were part of my company
- we have fun whilst working really hard
- cultivate a culture of trust and success
- make sure the right people are on board (which can suck but needs to be done)
- if I have the right people, support them in every possible way.

I have gotten the best results with the big players in the markets, at some points paybacks when they did not deliver. To be honest, my project was challenging from the first day. 8 weeks ago I thought we were not going to make it. The aforementioned service provider exchanged a key player. And from there on out, we worked our sweet behinds of. We are now in safe waters.

My boss gave me a real feedback yesterday that he was impressed with my approach and results.

The question to you guys out there is:
- would anybody interested in understanding my project approach, i.e. the integration part?

Does any of this make sense to the world out there?

I apologise in advance for stating what is obvious (at least to me). I am painfully aware of the fact that I am overworked and what have you.

Hence, feel free to ignore this.
More stuff to come.

Hugs, Happy Holidays and keep the spirit!
B

No comments: