Thursday, June 19, 2008

my contribution to the world

Hi there,

apparently Sam has been very diligent here blogging these days, thanks dear! *giggle*


Apart from work - I wil spare you the details - there are so many things to think about from my side. What is tickling for 20 years already:

- aged 18 I wanted to live in Israel and still consider it an option, admiring a country that risks so much to be and to stay where it is now, later on also India for different reasons and Spain is something for the heart :)

- careers and charismatic personalities, I love following what we get to know about them. Are some of them happy, do you think they found THEIR thing?

- the inhabitated woman by Gioconda Belli is a fantastic story about a woman who lives a normal life until she falls in love with somebody and joins him regarding a political goal he wants to achieve (the result is a little extreme, I am aiming at what she discovers inside of her :) )

- the Daniel Pearl foundation

-some friends started getting involved in Africa projects, others are thinking about going into arts and religion

It is very difficult to express this with a few examples. Especially I don´t want to sound spoiled (the shere thought makes me giggle), bored from life or pathetic. I know that there is something outside there that will make me happy (which is now more probable since the circumstances of my life are more in balance than they were two years ago, I remember a day in Chicago when such thoughts would have been a delight instead of being close to a depression, sorry Keren and Ben you had to deal with my moods!). I still haven´t found my thing to focus on and whenever I am reminded of it, I feel like not really having contributed to the world.

So, in the spirit of soonissimo, I will start working on finding something that makes me happy. What is yours? Do you feel there is something to do, be it small or big, is there a chance for you to do that? Sorry for being a but fuzzy when explaining this, I will try to be a bit clearer any time!

A big hug,
Bridget

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bridgeta, dear everyone,

I think I know very well what you describe as the feeling of not having contributed enough to the world yet. I'm in for the same endeavour, finding my heart's desire and the work that will really express what I'm here for ;o)
Well, it's a good time for me now to start looking for this special task as my studies are finished in three weeks time.

I'm a bit torn between the options - maybe I will have a bigger impact to change the world for the better by finding a job in the big existing corporate structures and changing them from within? But I rather feel like doing grassroots work and actually dig fountains in Africa (as my friends keep teasing me, but they're right). I'm the practical kind... so I pray for a little miracle and that the right job will come my way! Suggestions and hints always welcome!!!

Love & peace,
Ray