Monday, August 13, 2007

Buster Keaton, cyclones and being famous

Well, well, well,

last weekend was filled with funny movies, laughing our heads off went it came to "the haunted house" with Buster Keaton, one of the silent black and white films in the old style...

After a little research, I found out the following about him:

"On a relentlessly hot day in July 1898, Buster Keaton, not yet three years old, lost part of a finger in a clothes wringer, had several stitches after a stone thrown into the air gashed his forehead, and was carried off by a cyclone."
His parents were scared leaving him alone after that and therefore took him to their work, both of them actors. That was the beginning of his career. I wish my clumsiness would lead me somewhere professionally...

Well, at least I can put this on my wishlist: If once in my life I am able to make people happy like Buster Keaton did (1 minute!), I guess I will be happy, he has given us 45 minutes of our lives crying from the laughter and having stomach aches without saying word!

But, much more important, I wish happiness for you all, no matter the shape!

Big hugs,
B

ps: my English feels weird lately, please apologise, that is another wish of mine - writing well :)))

No comments: