Monday, May 4, 2009

out of office!!!!!!

Have you guys phrases that annoy the hell out of you? Something you use or somebody else? And then you realize you can´t stand it?

Today, there it was again. one of the most annoying phrases, I was talking to a colleague and said "I apologize for[ ]" and the next one: "hey, I am not sure how to do this and I am sorry for calling you but I need advice on [ ]". And a lot of laughter about it afterwards. Friends from work and me got out of the office around 6 pm today, walking towards the train station. We were trying to figure out a phrase that can be a quick substitute for the reflex-like use of apologetic stuff. I even mean it, that´s the worst thing about it. In the case of friends, a totally different story, but it sucks in the office! A LOT.

SO.
depending on the person and the context, the reflex should be:

"Out of office" [we had no idea idea what scenario that would be, but it´s fun if I could use it as a permanent substitute]
"I would apologize right now but I am too annoyed to do so because asking for this info already annoys the hell out of me"
"I apologize. Naah, I take it back. "

Apart from this stuff, I am really moved about the last few days.

Spent Friday in Mannheim, again with friends from my school in Spain and AGAIN dancing until 4 o´clock in the morning.
Spent half a Saturday night with a friend watching fireworks at the Rhine on the height of Bonn (Rhein in Flammen, es war mal wieder so weit). And will spent some time with Bea (btw, dear: Karten verkauf hasn´t started yet, but I will let you know asap once I have the ticket), you will see, August is going to be here so soon, YEYYYYY :))

A big hug to all of you, and I am keeping fingers crossed for all of you.

B

No comments: