Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Leuchtschrifthypnose

Dear all,

apparently, my brain is going through something comparable to defragmenting a computer. But the science of putting the pieces together so they make sense seems to be a bit more difficult than expected.

Phone call with Hille the other day: "you birthday on day 5th is a Friday, right?"
Hille: "My birthday is on the 8th"
me: "Oh boy. I thought my stepfather´s birthday was on a 3rd which is not true and I new this for years that he has his birthday on the 8th. But I congratulate him for the second year in a row on the 3d thinking I am perfectly right to do so. Found out that I was wrong a couple of days ago. And have known your birthday for a couple of years too and here we are :)"

Same evening, a message to a dear friend: "Happy birthday, dear, enjoy your day."
Next day: Friend calls - whom I have known for minimum 15 years -: "I wanted to thank you so much, you were actually the first one to congratulate given the fact that my birthday is on Monday :))))"

This is close to being hilarious if I think about it....

So on Monday morning, on his ACTUAL birthday, I was sitting in the train. Quite sleepy to be honest, and was looking at a date displayed next to the actual hour of arrival. Had just sent a second congrats sms, and looked at that display for I don´t know how long. And now I feel the image of that display is carved in my brain forever. Hopefully.

Shall it happen that I congratulate you guys a month to soon, to late or miss it by a couple of days, please think of me as an old lady. And help her over the proverbial street with too many signs that is her brain :) Or tell me were the next display with your birthday on it is so I can ponder a while :)

A big hug,
Birgit

No comments: