Monday, April 20, 2009

strange loop and 17 people why

I am very tired lately.

But this is fun: Douglas Hofstadter. Igniting a million thoughts and doing that with stories about fabulous worlds, "Klüdgerot", Principia Mathematica (I hope eI spelled it right), how to look at a mountain from the bird perspective and its lowest point all for the sake of explaining something bigger.

In a side-story, he mentions the people who have strongly affected him withoung meeting them, famous ones, historic figures, whatever.

Soooooo...... Who are your favourite people, dead, alive and what would you like to ask them?



1. my biological Grandmothers whom I never got to know:
"Tell me about the happiest moment in your life!"


2. J.S. Bach:
Tell me about Glenn Gould when he played your pieces, are you impressed, too?


3. The baker who first served Pizza Margherita in Naples:
"What did the Queen think about THAT"


4. John Ruskin
"See what art has achieved during the last 100 years and pick your favorite piece. Please?"


5. Johannes Brahms:
" How is perceived improvisation in your well-structured pieces possible.


6. Douglas Hofstädter:
I don´t dare to ask a thing, would you terribly mind talking about whatever comes into your mind?


7. Sten Nadolny
One of your books about slowliness has changed my life. What changed yours?


8. Emilia Earheart
Would you mind describing me your contemporary world and Flagellan?


9. The band Morcheeba
When did the song "let me see" come into your mind first?


10. Michelangelo
Your sculpture "The Slave" made my knees weak. What do you feel when you see it?


11. Ethan Hawke
We are born on the same day, I am so excited!


12. Mark Rothko
I wish you could have a stayed a little longer!


13. Chandler in the show "Friends"
Could I BE any more impressed?


14. Heath Ledger
Legendary in "10 thing I hate about you", sorry you had to leave us so early


15. Mercedes Sosa
"Gracias a la vida" y por la grabación de "Alfonsina"


16. unknown singer of a russian song called "nye sprashevai" on an actual vinyl LP
Thank you so much for lightening me up


17. Khalil Gibran
Tell me about YOUR friends!

No comments: