Saturday, September 8, 2007

17 reasons why!




my 17 favourite reasons for a smile at the moment are:

-spanish
-a croissant filled with vanilla pudding from the italian bakery around the corner (every morning, yummie)
-the scent of lemon emmanating from the freshly done laundry
-2nd rapsodie from Brahms (I think it´s opus 79 interpreted by Hélène Grimaud)
-afternoon nap
-realizing that the stuff I am learning actually sticks
-having cleaned the house
-wearing my preferred skirt
-greeting the tree in the patio
-happy elderly people, happy kids, happy dogs
-thinking about my friends and their families, there are already so many happy children with great parents!
-silent crazy teachers in my school, silent crazy colleagues in school
-jambalaya, pizza with champignons
-the thought of mediterranean sea and the light there
-"rolling around" on the floor like a happy puppy on a yoga mat and call it Pilates
-singing out loud not really hearing myself because the mp3-playeris far too loud


what makes you smile?

ps: you guys, Keren inspired me with the world map, isn´t that cool?

4 comments:

raubfisch said...

there're much more than 17 reasons to come to spain. believe it or not, a quite important one is the fact to be on the sunny side of life! one week - more laugh than in the last 5 years!

Bridgeta said...

heyyyyy, that is sooooo goooood to hear!

keren said...

in no particular order...
- thinking of good friends having fun
- my husband...:)
- first day of fall, when the sun is actually welcomed and warms your face although the air is cold
- morning kiss on my nose from a gray cat that needs petting
- dov tov being my traveling companion
- good song on the radio
- "you are so beautiful" by Joe Cocker
- having a golden-brown tan after a few years of fluorescence summers
- my brothers
- my gramma
- well, all my family
- things falling into place
- visiting somewhere i last saw as a child
- old photographs
- crisp night sky
- blues
- good hair days

Bridgeta said...

Keren, very nice, really! I particularly agree with the travel companion part (to my future boyfriend whom I have not met so far: prioritization changes from time to time, but Sam is important :) )