Sunday, January 27, 2008

La tour EiFel



Dear all,

dear Annina, to answer your question: yesterday we went hiking in an area called Eifel which is quite close to Cologne going to a town called Niederzissen. Well, well, Birgit hiked carrying me, ;) and it was fun, sunny, windy and bright, perfect for my fur!

I just looked up some things for you guys: The Eifel covers a big area of land in western Germany, shall anybody be interested in specifics, please click here, you will see Köln in the upper part and Bonn, about 40 kilometres to where we went by car.

Furthermore, the Eifel-people are proud of > 20 peaks ranging from 279 meters altitude to appr. 800, castles like the Burg Olbrück we saw from outside (which might mean castle Owlbridge). It might not be the Himalaya, but some walking to do for humans! Some of the most famous places being Bitburg and Maria Laach, Prüm, there are small and bigger rivers merging at some point or another, the so-called Maars (volcano-seas), a lot of villages, grumbly habitants, wine, beer breweries and quiet, lots of it! Oh, and there is the Nürburgring, famous for Formel-1-car-races, Michael Schumacher, wild concerts and a vine-hiking-area for those of you who enjoy both of it at a time :)

Also, there are unpronounceable kinds of vegetation, stones and volcanoes to be mentioned so imagine the excitement about a castle for monkeys (replica) and the humans (original and HUGE from a monkey´s perspective). This link shows me taking possession of my castle-for-a-day, some pictures reflecting the weather and people (btw: the people you see were very nice and most of them did not even laugh about me though they did not know me or the purpose of accompagnying Birgit :), so no Eifel-natives!)

Thank you Birgit for carrying me around, I had a great time!

A big hug to all of you,

Yours, furry-ish,
Sam

4 comments:

keren said...

i LOVE this picture. the composition is great, and the colors...
you should print it out and frame it and hang it on your wall, or at least put it in your new office.

Samuelito said...

thank you so much, dear! I am a bit too shy to ask Birgit to put me in her new office, but it might make its way into the living room! How are my furry friends!? Could they make it to the west coast with you?

Anina said...

Hey Sam!

Great! The colours of the first picture remind me of Tuscany.
You MUST have had a lot of fun in this great weather.

Thank god you didn't fall from one of the very high peaks (sorry - but ours in Bavaria are a bit higher)

Oh, and pleas tell B, there is a Rothko exhibition coming to Munich... Maybe we can meet personally then, since I still feel sick from the flu.

I wish you both a lot of nice trips and adventures, even if B might be occupied with a lot of other things!

Hugs,
Anina

Samuelito said...

Rothkohl? I love it and will tell B to come by for dinner, when is it? ;)