Wednesday, November 5, 2008

it´s birthday time - it blows....

Hi all,

another guide through life.

Today: how do I get rid of being annoyed about my upcoming birthday, same thing with Christmas (also a birthday so it seems to fit somehow, nah, that logic does not really make sense)? Wise people keep telling me I should celebrate and enjoy, but there are 364 other days to celebrate other things....

Today, I spent the almost entire day on the couch (apart from playing with Emilia and buying the following ice-cream), inhaling mango ice-cream, watching movies.

As if I had seen it coming, aversion therapy :) : put my birthday on skype days ago. Might bring cake to the office, don´t know yet, since I will only be back by the end of the month. Writing this helps, too, though it bugs me a little.

Tomorrow I will go to the philharmonie brunch, the orchestra is rehearsing. Will keep up with Sam´s "buy-day"-party in the beginning of December I guess. Maybe I should have a chat with the actor Ethan Hawke, he was born on the same day as me, does anybody happen to have his number :)))).

Boy, these are luxury problems, reading this makes me already feel better :) could we stick to the happy-non-birthday principle like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland?

Got any other suggestions for this case of birthday aversion? What is the most fun for you guys when it comes to your birthdays?

A big hug to all of you,
B

1 comment:

keren said...

i used to think that i absolutely have to go out and celebrate on my birthday, throw big parties, invite all my friends, or at least go out and get drunk. maybe doing that will make me focus on partying, and make me forget that it's my birthday.
i also used to be more and more unhappy on my birthday, as the years went by... i actually started being depressed about it 2 months before my actual birthday date.
birthdays are the yearly clock that ticks and reminds you that you're older... but older is a relative term. for me it wasn't relative to other people's age (face it, there are going to be younger people around you all the time!) but with respect to the place in life i imagined myself to be at this age.
i always thought that by the age of 30, i would be a mom of two, happily married, and with a clear direction in life. when i turned 29, i was very depressed because clearly wasn't going to happen.

i learned that life doesn't happen the way you plan it to, but you do find happiness, and sometimes life happens to be better than any plan you could have dreamed.

so my career isn't moving as fast as i thought it should have, and i'm not as successful as i thought i would be when i was 18, and i;m gonna be an older mom and go to PTA meetings when i'm 50, but hey, i'm happy!! life sure didn't go according to plan. but that's ok!

reading the past few blog posts, it's obvious that you have a very rich and interesting life. you have friends who care for you, hobbies that make you happy, learning new things, hey -- the world is at your feet!
so what's a birthday?!? don't let a number on a calendar control your mood. if anything, it's only a date on which your friends remember to call or send you a "happy birthday" note, and remind you that they care!

so happy birthday, and hugs!!!!!