Sunday, November 23, 2008

it´s snowing in Köln

view from my living room

Dear all,

it is snowing! Time for:

- hot vine on the Christmas Market
- little light during the day
- in my specific case, a new, North-pole proofed jacket and a hat at all times
- make sure all the bulbs in the house are working
- a warm blanket to wrap oneself in during the night
- winter skirts and very warm tights
- spicy potatoe -curry-garlic soup
-a warm thought for Schnuckies
- my friends annual advent gathering
- Sam´s birthday ( dear Sam, this year we will keep it in a small circle, but next year there is going to be cocktail-party including a piano session :) )
-Emilia, Emilia, Emilia (we started the Moonlight sonata by Beethoven on Thursday night!)

A big hug to you all! Also from Sam, he thinks snow is fun, it melts on his fur and he thinks it spares him a cleaning ritual :)
B

2 comments:

keren said...

you make winter sound so romantic! i used to love winter a lot, but this year i'm kinda dreading it. it snowed here in Chicago already, but not enough to stick to the ground.. and with each day that's a little bit colder than the previous one, i can't help but thinking of how drastically cold it's still going to be.

for me, it's getting my warm winter jacket out of the closet (i better wear it now, before it doesn't fit around my waist anymore :P ). craving soup for each meal. long scarf wrapped three times around my face, leaving only a crack for my eyes (ben calls me "my taliban wife"). stocking up on boxes of kleenex. not yet, but as soon as it starts snowing for real, start wearing my snow boots. thinking of hot chocolate and a blanket. not wanting to get into the shower, cause it means taking off my clothes and being colder before it's warm enough that i don't want to get out of the shower...
hot apple cider spiked with good red wine and cinnamon (maybe just the cider this year...)
and also, xmas decorations,tiny lights on trees all over town, icicles, trying to see the pretty shapes of single snowflakes on the window before they melt. maybe i can make it sound romantic too :)

Samuelito said...

taliban wife :D,
apparently this winter is heavier to go through then the previous ones, I am sending you warm thoughts, may winter romanticism win for all of us so we can laugh about it in spring-time :)))))