Friday, October 8, 2010

both sides of the medal

*


I have been told that putting a grin on and sticking to it is a good thing to do. And no matter what mood you are in, it is impossible to be annoyed whilst grinning.
This is quite known. We are all rockstars. And if we stick to that we will be treated as such, now won´t we.

Here´s what not only bugs me, it makes me positively mad:

- having to take care of a complete household and all logistics related to it considering a lot of travelling (especially mobbing the floor, using the broom - no problem, almost every day, but the mobbing part creeps me out).

- routine work and boring stuff like T&L, comparing lists

- planning the logistics for a complex trip (x factor of colleagues, destinations, hotels, whatever). The funny thing is: make me prepare an IT certification and I will be there in no time. It´s weird

- people talking non-stop for more then 20 minutes when there is no end in sight and a lot of repetition. especially when they think they can walk on water

- a spice called Kümmel in german, yikes

- a confcall at home, a cell phone ringing while in that exact same moment my
landlord knocks himself out on my door (pun unintended)

- choleric behaviour

I am sure the list is much longer than this.
So, all that helps is the rock star attitude and that anything happening is fine. It takes me some disclipine but it´s much easier to live with a grin once it is back.

Which begs the question:

How do you deal with stuff and what is it that makes you mad?




*

No comments: