Sunday, February 10, 2008

it´s a sunny, sunny day



Dear all,

as some of you already know, some really exciting days just went by, starting with my orientation days at "berti", my new company, my first actual two days of work in a looong time. It was weird and good at the same time. First of all, I felt totally good there, other new people and the introducing staff people took me seriously in my new position even though they had never met me before and could not really say if I am good with what I am doing. But apparently my new colleague, my new boss and the HR lady had done a good job with announcing me on beforehand :)

Then, as to being accepted in the new position, I have to admit my previous experience in the matter was sort of different. I professionally grew up in my old company, and whilst climbing the ladder, I had to deal with some deal envy, questioning on how and why I got into several new positions and the ordeal of the last chapter. So now there is some kind of relieve to announce, some pressure when it comes to my new area, but that´s an excitement and challenge which is very welcome :)

The geographical area of the branch I had to go to for orientation purposes was weird, too. Being rather in the north, I expected some mumbliness and whatever else (I really love my prejudices :) ) and I found some funny people there. The first evening in the hotel I sat in the bar and some guys invited me over, we actually had some fun time until my urge of sleeping asap overwhelmed me.

Well, and since I am reading tons of belles-lettres form the Hispanic and Anglosaxons, I enjoy sitting in the sun and reading. We are having a very early period of sunny days here. A simple book (some actual paper to touch), something to drink, being grateful for sitting there in peace, health, the blue sky above and thanking God for knowing all of you (which I can´t get tired of repeating :) ) on a really sunny day.

B

2 comments:

Anina said...

We had some sunny days here in the south as well. This weekend I could enjoy two nice walks. Thank god I'm almost healthy again. :-)

But staying inside quietly was good for painting. I think you should get an impreesion via MMS.

Hugsies,
Anina

keren said...

there was some sun in chicago too, only the air temperature was -20C... i miss spring...
i'm glad you're enjoying the new position!